Monday, February 8, 2010

to bake and to cook

I love to bake and to cook.

I found out over three months ago that I have Celiac Disease. After a series of tests and the final diagnoses, I walked away thinking it would be a straight forward transition. It ended up being very overwhelming. After a month of rice cakes and Corn Chex and a near empty fridge, I started to cook again. It has taken a while but I now have a good grasp on gluten and wheat free cooking.

After I handed every gluten infested item to my friend Matt -I was left with a new start.

It has changed my life and eating in many ways. I was always good at making food from scratch and making home cooked meals but gone are the days of stopping for sushi or Korean BBQ or or or... There are no short cuts to a gluten free meal (well that taste any good). Baking has been the most difficult to conquer. I am getting there and I love the way I feel and I am determined to not slip.

Baking and cooking have been passions since grade 8 foods. With positive encouragement, from amazing friends, I have started this blog. I hope to encourage those who are unsure of gluten free cooking and share what I love.

To make delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment