Thursday, May 27, 2010

chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake, gluten free - reminder: buy a loaf pan!

I did it again. I went to bake a chocolate banana loaf and - oh - that's right. I don't own a loaf pan.

Since my last bundt post, I have purchased an array of kitchen accouterments. I have added a kitchen scale, sambal oelek, a new sifter and multiple olive oils. Yet, for some brain lapsing reason, no loaf pan.

I am going to write this in my agenda. For those who know me, know that I write a lot in my agenda. Or daytimer as my father (for whom I owe my obsession with said agenda to) refers to it as. Since, I am writing this in my to-do, this will be completed by the weeks end.

Moving forward. 

I have been in need of chocolate. Seeing as I am not able to enjoy the luxery of skipping   down to one of the four Starbucks Coffee Shops within a block radius of basically anywhere  I am in Vancouver, my access to a chocolate baked good is limited. So, I set off this evening on yet another DIY baking adventure.

In hopes of killing the chocolate craving I have had mustering in the back of my brain and lingering in my taste buds, I went all out and made an uber chocolate bundt. Unfortunately, due to mass impatience I poured the chocolate glaze on too early and now have more of a glazed cake plate then a glazed bundt. However, it was tasty and has successfully abolished my chocolate craving for a hopeful 24 hours.

I hope you enjoy!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt

1/2 cup amaranth flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 tapioca starch 
1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
1 tsp xanthum gum
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar

1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 banana smashed up!
1 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup walnuts, gently chopped optional


Sift all dry ingredients together. Using a standing mixer or hand held mixer blend together oil, eggs, vanilla and banana. Slowly alternate dry ingredients (by half cup intervals) and milk.  Using a spatula or wooden spoon mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Pour into greased bundt (OR LOAF) pan. Bake at 320 for 55 minutes.

Let sit for 10 minutes or so in pan and then transfer to rack. Allow to cool. Add glaze if you want. But as mentioned above, be patient and wait until cool.

Glaze:
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
2 1/2 tbsp milk

Mix together slowly and pour over cooled bundt.


No comments:

Post a Comment